Job Summary: Leidos Defense & Intel Group is seeking a Principal Subcontracts Administrator in Chantilly, VA. The ideal candidate procures and manages medium to high value and risk subcontracts, including all contract types and strategic agreements.
- Prepare bids, evaluate bids, select suppliers and negotiate price, terms and conditions, delivery, quality and service.
- Manage supplier performance from issuance of order through close-out.
- Interface with Contracts Management, Program Planners, Quality, Receiving, and Program Management.
- Interacts with Supplier's Contract Representative and Executive Management.
- May be a team lead for junior staff members.
- Review Costpoint Purchase Requisitions for completeness and obtain additional information considered necessary.
- Prepare Request for Quotation (RFQ)/Request for Proposal (RFP) and identify sources eligible to receive RFQ/RFP for complex and/or non-routine procurement requirements.
- Evaluate suppliers' quotes/proposals for compliance with RFQ/RFP and fact find suppliers' proposals.
- Lead the source selection team for competitive procurements.
- Perform a cost and/or price analyses to determine price reasonableness.
- Lead negotiations with suppliers on price, schedule, and terms and conditions, and any other contractual requirements.
- Make subcontract awards to suppliers and document the subcontract folders in accordance with the local procurement policies and procedures, including strategic agreements.
- Manage supplier performance during the performance, including but not limited to following-up delivery schedule, process invoices and Subcontract Data Requirements (SDRL) and/or resolve any contractual issues. Perform subcontract close-out.
- Provide proposal support and prepare a Small Business Subcontracting Plan.
- Self-Starter with problem solving skills, proficient in the government acquisition process with a strong knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and agency supplements, such as Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR), NASA (NFS), positive and proactive attitude and ability to handle multiple high visible and critical tasks simultaneously, excellent organization , negotiations, communication (oral and written) skills, and ability to mentor, motivate and influence staff of varying levels of experience.
- Typically requires a BA degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- General experience in Subcontract Administration may be considered as a substitute for education requirements.
- Experience with multiple Government (FAR / DFAR) contracting types: Fixed Price (FP), Time & Material (T&M), Cost Plus Award Fee (CPAF), Cost Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF), Level of Effort (LOE), Indefinite Delivery / Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) and General Service Administration (GSA) type contracts.
- Ability to lead the review and analysis of RFP's, prepare compliant and complete cost/price proposals, and represent Leidos's interests during negotiations and subcontract administration.
- Ability to identify and mitigate contract risks as well as coordinate appropriate reviews in accordance with Leidos policy and procedures.
- Familiar with Deltek systems
- International experience