No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies" Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear.
The NISC III program is hiring a JAVA developer position that will join our existing team of software engineers. The current team is creating a weather data acquisition and display system for use in the National Airspace System. The job outline is as follows:
- Replace the existing operating systems on the SF3800 (ITWS Product Generator), the SB150 (ITWWS Situation Display), and the SF280R (Test Tool (TT)/NWS Filter Unit (NFU)) processors with a real time open source operating system
- Provide support for the Rehost of the SF3800, SB150, and SF280R to POSIX-compliant, open architecture hardware platforms
- Provide support in the upgrade of hardware components to address security Plan of Actions & Milestones (POA&Ms)
- Develop and provide changes to, and revisions of software changes to site-unique adaptation files as well as airport maps as changes occur to the facility's geometry
- Develop System Support Modification (SSM) documentation for hardware modifications and/or software/firmware modifications affecting the Technical Instruction manual
- Develop and provide changes to, and revisions that are not detected until the system has been operational for some time, and to avert future problems with the ITWS software
- Provide field support to include onsite/telephone assistance and restoration, system analysis, and logging records of assistance (ROA's) in the data management system (DMS)
- Provide meteorological evaluation of site data to determine system performance
- Provide support to the Logistics Center Engineering Division with designing and testing replacement components and developing a Logistics Support Plan
- Provide support for the management of the AJW-144 ITWS software engineering environment (SEE) and program support facilities
- Develop System Documentation Release (SDR) documentation for certification procedures
- Prepare National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) Reports following an accident or incident when requested by the NTSB representative
Candidate should have a Bachelor's degree plus 8 years of experience or additional work experience in lieu of the degree.