The Defense & Intelligence group at Leidos is actively seeking a Senior Systems Engineer in Ft. Belvoir, VA.
This position is in a fast paced Test Lab environment. As part of the team the candidate will help in improving and maintaining the Test Lab Infrastructure, which is comprised of virtual Windows and Linux systems as well as ESXi hosts and other components such as storage and networking devices. Other duties include performing requirements analysis, developing test procedures, developing test architecture, and developing documented test activities.
In support of the Test Lab, the candidate will be responsible for maintaining and upgrading systems, creating virtual test environments, installing COTS and GOTS software and monitoring the systems to prevent unexpected outages or system downtime. Candidate will also respond to tickets put in by customers ranging from creation of new environments to unlocking accounts. The team also performs work on various projects as assigned by the Manager or Team Lead.
Candidate will conduct various tests such as component, functional, integration, verification and validation tests according to provided test plans. The candidate will assist in enhancing test plans and procedures and will provide written feedback to the system owners documenting the test and results. To support the testing efforts, the candidate will develop and continuously improve test methodology with an emphasis on repeatable tests throughout the lifecycle process.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5+ years of professional experience; or years of professional experience with a related Master's degree.
• At least 3+ years' experience with Windows virtual machines (VMs), to include, creation, maintenance, hardening (DISA STIGs), and troubleshooting. Experience with Linux operating system a plus.
• At least 3+ years' experience with virtualization technologies like VMWare, along with experience working with ESXi.
• Experience using a trouble ticketing system: assigning, completing, filling out and tracking tickets
• Currently has a Top Secret or higher clearance Security+ with Continuing Education (CE)
• Required: U.S. citizenship
• At least 1+ year of experience working with storage
• Experience installing and troubleshooting applications like Microsoft SharePoint
• Experience with testing methodologies such as Performance Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing and Verification and Validation Testing a plus
• Experience leading a team
• Experience assisting junior team members with various technical challenges
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Testing and Quality Assurance
Defense & Intel