The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Voice Data Engineer at the Pentagon, National Capital Region.
JOB SUMMARY: Voice Data Engineer/Defense Red Switch Network Technician in support of the AFNCR IT Services program at the National Military Command Center (NMCC). The AFNCR IT Services program provides support services for information systems for Headquarters Air Force (HAF), Air Force District of Washington (AFDW), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Chiefs of Staff, and other Air Force activities within the AFNCR missions to include the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB), and other locations, leased spaces, and alternate sites. The major support areas are: IT Operations and Maintenance; Plans, Projects, and Engineering (PP&E). The senior leaders and national defense missions that are supported require that the AFNCR operations never fail, resulting in a fast-paced, challenging, but also rewarding environment. The successful candidate will support engineering and maintenance of NMCC Telecommunication systems. Systems include Defense Red Switch Network, Multimedia, and C4 Computer Systems and Tech Control. The Position requires deep understanding of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of technical domain and has broad understanding of other related specialty areas.
• Provide support to Defense Red Switch Network.
• Engineering telecom circuits and systems from local equipment through distant end locations.
• Configure cryptographic equipment ensuring proper signal flow through circuits.
• Provide engineering support to installation and configuration projects.
• Provide support for Cyber and Risk Management validation and controls.
• Develop engineering solutions and remediate system security issues and concerns.
• Work to influence team members regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
• Work independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results or project deliverables.
• Be responsible for entire projects or processes within a technical area.
• Develop technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts, deep analyses and understanding of impact on end-product/solution.
• Develop solutions to technical problems and issues that are unclear and require deep technical knowledge.
• Communicate with internal and client project team members.
• Bachelor's degree with 2+ years of relevant experience. Additional years of related experience, training, and/or certifications accepted in lieu of a degree. • Currently possess Security+ce certification.
• Currently possess a DoD TS/SCI security clearance.
• Experience working telecommunications systems in a command center environment including a background in one or more of the following areas: Cryptographic Systems, Multimedia Systems, Defense Red Switch Network, Tech Control, Command and Control Computer Systems, Nuclear Command and Control.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel