Leidos is currently seeking an experienced Cybersecurity Engineer with a diverse skill set to join our Corporate Cyber Enablement Team in Reston, VA. This is a great opportunity to work in a multi-national company and apply critical cyber security expertise to initiatives across all Leidos lines of business.
In this role, you will employ your expertise to a variety of projects, proposals and initiatives. You will have the opportunity to contribute to program operations and proposal solution development as well as contribute to the defensive posture of Leidos itself. We are looking for a talented individual with a broad technical background in cybersecurity technology and a proven ability to apply that knowledge to computer network defense solutions. This position will directly report to the Cybersecurity Integration Director.
- Utilize expertise in cybersecurity architecture, engineering and defensive operations in support of programs, proposals, and corporate objectives.
- Provide guidance on the creation or modification of cyber defense architectures, cyber engineering plans, and team construction for programs and proposals.
- Support the recovery of programs suffering from cybersecurity deficiencies requiring technical, management and policy/ governance expertise.
- Evaluate network and security technologies, identify security gaps, evaluate and implement enhancements and provide mentorship for less experienced team members.
- Support direct customer engagement to present cyber solutions or cover overall approach to cyber defense.
- Proactively identify information security deficiencies or opportunities for improvement to better enable business security.
- Provide regular, timely reporting on the information security topics as required to supported business groups.
- Provide subject matter expertise on various global cyber threats to Group leadership.
- Establish and maintain inter-agency and external relationships for cyber related collaboration.
- Plan cyber security solutions delivery and provide guidance to the responsible program operations team
- Bachelor's degree with minimum 8 years of experience relevant to Cybersecurity.
- Ability to analyze Layer-2 and Layer-3 networks, firewalls, proxies, ports and protocols, etc. for security configuration compliance.
- Demonstrated experience with the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) and other NIST publications with demonstrated completion of tasks required to achieve ATO for complex systems or networks.
- Experience with multi-tenant network architectures.
- Familiarity with vulnerability remediation tools and processes for effective vulnerability management in compliance with policies and guidelines
- Experience performing security event monitoring or assessments, analytics and response activities, and support of CND operational activities
- Ability to perform risk assessments, analyze and evaluate complete networks using a variety of security tools.
- US citizenship is required and able to obtain US security clearance
- SOC/SIC implementation experience
- Experience with performing penetration testing using tools such as Burp Suite, Nmap, Aircrack-ng, Metasploit, etc.
- Experience with endpoint security tools such as McAfee HBSS, Tanium,
- Experience with configuring or optimizing SIEM tools such as Splunk