What You'll Get to Do:
This job is comprised of three roles; Functional management, Control Account Management, and Technical leadership...
• The position involves managing employee lifecycle from beginning to end, including; opening requisitions, evaluating candidates, performing screening and interviews, hiring candidates, providing mentoring and feedback to employees, writing performance evaluations, monitoring compliance training, approving time cards and overtime, salary planning, discipline and dispute resolution, managing performance improvement plans (PIPs), and providing layoff notices.
• Additionally, working with other leaders to improve employee engagement, increase retention, and promote a healthy Leidos culture. The manager will need to stay engaged with broader Leidos initiatives and communicate those down to their team.
Control Account Manager:
• The Control Account Manager will own the scope, budget, and schedule for the DevOps portion of the program. They need to understand Labor Categories. They will work with program control to write Basis of Estimates (BOEs), create networked schedules with both LOE and discrete tasks and milestones, and resource load schedules.
• They will present cost/schedule metrics to the program manager at monthly cost reviews. This requires an understanding of baseline cost/schedule, actual cost/schedule, forecasted cost/schedule, and variance analysis (VARs). A Project Management Profession (PMP) certification would be beneficial.
• The DevOps Manager will lead the DevOps team as they perform manual deployments and automate deployments. The manager will coordinate the DevOps Tools engineers and Software Configuration managers as they support the DevOps engineers in conducting operations. Familiarity with Kanban or other Agile methodologies is desirable.
• Experience with scheduling, managing and tracking tasks in a fast-paced DevOps environment is desirable.
• Responsible for producing metrics that track the performance and success of the DevOps team.
• The DevOps Manager is responsible for ensuring the successful execution of the required deployment schedule. This involves working with 50+ different systems and ensuring the appropriate staff availability and training to support planned, ad-hoc and emergency deployments on a 24x7 basis.
• Familiarity with CI/CD tools (Artifactory, GitHub, Jenkins, SonarQube), DevOps tools (Ansible) and Cloud (AWS) is highly desirable.
• Assists with and coordinates training activities to ensure that DevOps provided processes/tools meet needs and enhances current processes. Suggests enhancements on behalf of application teams.
• Participates in engineering reviews of application infrastructure requirements to ensure adequate infrastructure design and implementation.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
• Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
• Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
• Experience migrating application teams from datacenter to datacenter and/or datacenter to cloud.
• A technical project lead that has previously led a technical team of 8+ individuals with day-to-day activities.
• The "lead" aspect of this position refers.
• Experience with delivering software releases. This includes reviewing release notes, understanding the details, and driving the execution of the deployments. Is able to handle multiple builds and deployments daily.
• Ability to create Build Automation/Continuous Integration jobs within Jenkins.
• Experience with configuration management and proficient in change management.
• Demonstrated understanding of IT management, administration, applications, and system development lifecycles within a substantial IT environment.
• Experience in tactical planning, managing large scale migration efforts, and managing in-house technical resources and contracted services.
• Demonstrated customer service abilities.
• Demonstrated planning and development skills including project implementation.
• Proven judgment and problem solving skills.
• Solid time management skills with the ability to plan, organize, and implement multiple initiatives and deadline-driven workloads while consistently providing outstanding customer service.
• Detail-oriented, proactive self-starter demonstrating a positive, willing attitude, and excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of Cloud technologies a plus.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: