Leidos has an immediate opportunity for a Systems Engineer to provide engineering support to the Airspace Mission Planning Division, Hanscom AFB, MA. The systems engineering team includes engaged subject matter experts providing leadership to identify and propose solutions to the clients, peer system engineers, and end users. This position will elevate skills and experiences to support our full-scope mission planning efforts. OJT is combined with annual educational opportunities to continue the development of the system engineer.
We are seeking a self-starter that likes taking on challenges and being a leader with engineering solutions; a person that collaborates well in teams and likes to work toward consensus within each team. The enterprise is embracing leading edge methodologies for Agile and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). This position supports various systems engineering activities consistent with the development, modernization, releasability and sustainment of the U-2 Mission Planning Environment on the Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS) on behalf of numerous operational customers and conducted within an Agile software development environment. Responsibilities include:
- Serving as an Agile Product Management and System Architect/Engineer with a collection of products representing the client stakeholders to the development team to include: product vision, design, development, testing and sustainment.
- Creating Technical Requirements Documents, Statements of Work, Contract Data Requirements Lists and other documentation in support of new Mission Planning Delivery Orders.
- Coordinating with enterprise stakeholders to prioritize product backlogs for sprints and releases.
- Generating Mission Threads, Use Cases and requirements packages as applicable and managing those requirements and their traceability. Identify and manage internal and external dependencies.
- Analyzing software development technical metrics, report results and recommend corrective actions.
- Ensuring that approved Mission Planning processes are utilized. Understanding and leveraging an Enterprise Product approach to identify requirements that represent a gap in capabilities and opportunities for reuse. Report the technical status of product development to the key stakeholders.
- Evaluating technical proposals and other technical data items, to include architecture, requirements documents, designs, test plans/reports, and process descriptions.
- Representing the Government customer in formal technical reviews (requirements, design, test, etc.) consistent with systems engineering plans and standards. Create meaningful entry/exit criteria for all technical reviews, and advocate for appropriate review artifacts, activities, documentation and stakeholder participation. Monitor & report technical variances and facilitate resolution of technical issues.
To be successful you will need these skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related technical discipline and 8-12 years of relevant experience or a Technical Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- A current US Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain a US Top Secret security clearance.
- Demonstrable knowledge of fundamental systems engineering concepts and experience in applying these concepts to software-intensive systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to collaborate with customer representatives, domain experts, and other systems engineers in the development of complex software systems.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience/Familiarization with U-2 or other ISR weapon system operations and planning.
- Experience/Familiarization with military aviation Mission Planning systems (JMPS, PFPS, and/or AFMSS).
- Experience writing and managing software-focused Technical Transition Plans (TTPs), along with general familiarization of U.S. DoD system development and acquisition processes.
- Experience with requirements management processes and tools to include Jama Software.
- Experience with software systems integration, Agile Software Development, Scaled Agile Framework and Software Engineering Institute (SEI) Capability Maturity Model-Integrated (CMMI) processes.
- Knowledge of Open Mission Systems (OMS) architecture