The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Software Engineer with a current DoD SECRET clearance. This position will report to the Leidos BAT-A Technical Lead at the BAT-A Software Engineering Environment at Aberneed Proving Ground,MD, and supports the CECOM Software Engineering Center contract performing Transition and Post Production Software Sustainment for the Biometrics Automated Toolset-Army (BAT-A) system.
In this role, you will perform design, development, troubleshooting, and debugging of software programs for enhancements and new software-intensive systems and products. Duties include software requirements analysis, development of software products and software tools used for design, development and maintenance of infrastructure, and platforms.
- Design, develop, and maintain software applications and operating systems for a variety of engineering applications in Visual Basic 6.0, COM, COM+, C/C++, C#, .NET, and XML;
- Develop and enhance software tools, simulators, and interfaces;
- Design, develop, and test software applications and operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software applications;
- Define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret developmental tests for new and/or modified products or product components;
- Investigate and resolve operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel;
- Use UML modeling tools to perform software code evaluations; and
- Create or modify existing documentation supporting software design, software implementation, test plans, test reports and user documentation
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or other Engineering or Technical Discipline, with 7 years of demonstrated experience in software engineering
- Ability to work 5 days per week, on site, at Aberdeen Proving Ground
- Possess and maintain a DoD SECRET Clearance
- Experience performing software coding with Visual Basic 6.0, COM, COM+, C/C++, C#, .NET, and XML
- Experience with MS Windows 7, MS SQL Server 2008 R2, MS .NET Framework 4, MS Visual Studio, IBM Rational System Architect, and VMware
- Experience using UML Modeling Tools, such as Rhapsody
- Experience and knowledge of hardware functionality and the relationships with software.
- Interest in or experience with Software Configuration Management
- Security + or similar certification a plus
- Understanding of US Military Biometrics, Sensor and Surveillance Systems or other US Military Experience
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team environment.
*External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel