The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Junior Software Engineer that has an active DoD SECRET clearance to join our team supporting the CECOM Software Engineering Center at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. This position will provide software engineering support for the Post Production Software Sustainment of the Long Range Advanced Scout Surveillance System (LRAS3) and the Second Generation FLIR (SGF).
This position will report to the Leidos SGF Project Lead at the LRAS3/SGF Software Engineering Environment on APG, MD. In this role, you will perform software design, development, troubleshooting, and debugging of software programs, applications, and embedded software systems to perform system enhancements and repairs. Duties include software requirements analysis, development of software products and software tools used for design, development and maintenance of the engineering infrastructure and the military system.
- Design, develop, and maintain embedded software for a variety of engineering applications in C, C++, and Assembler languages;
- Develop and enhance software tools, simulators, and interfaces;
- Design, develop, and test embedded operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software applications;
- Define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret developmental tests for new and/or modified products or product components;
-Investigate and resolve operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel;
- Use UML modeling tools to perform software code evaluations; and
-Create or modify existing documentation supporting software design, software implementation, test plans, test reports and user documentation
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or other Engineering or Technical Discipline with 2+ years of demonstrated experience in software engineering. Substitutions for experience in lieu of a degree are not considered for this position.
- Ability to work 5 days per week, on site, at Aberdeen Proving Ground
- Currently hold a DoD active Secret level of clearance, and the ability to maintain this level of clearance.
- Experience performing software coding with C, C++, and Assembler
- Experience using UML Modeling Tools, such as Rhapsody, and Microsoft Visual Studio
- Experience in embedded software engineering
- Knowledge of hardware functionality and its relationship with software.
- Interest in or experience with Software Configuration Management
- Security + or similar certification is a plus but not required
- Understanding of US Military Sensors and Surveillance Systems or other US Military Experience
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team environment
*External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel