No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies" Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
The NRC (Nuclear Regulatory Commission) program at Leidos in Rockville, MD has an opening for an IT Systems Administrator to support the HPCS (High Performance Computing Systems) office at the NRC. The position requires a multi-skilled system administrator who can support and maintain the operating systems, applications locally and in the Cloud (AWS), and network infrastructure of the HPCS environment.
Primary duties include the general administration of the HPCS scientific user and IT environment, including servers, workstations, and laptops that have high computing capabilities. The candidate maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with other contractor administrators at the NRC. Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, basic network configurations, installing system wide software and security updates. Support applications run locally as well as in the AWS Cloud. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources. The candidate must be a self-starter and able to work independently and proactively on tasks under general supervision. Good communication and interpersonal skills are required.
Typical Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent and 3 years relevant experience.
- Candidate should have experience with operating systems such as Windows 2008 and 2012, Linux, Mac IOS, TCP/IP, SharePoint, Windows 7 and 10, and Microsoft Office.
- Understanding of AWS Cloud to support some HPCS applications that reside there, although the Cloud is maintained by another contractor.
- Experience in hardware systems such as servers, desktops, laptops, iPad's, printers, basic network switches, and KVM switches.
- Well versed in current information system technologies, and be able to provide guidance and recommendations in support of implementing Cloud strategies.
- Ability to clearly document requirements, specifications and processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Amazon Web Services administration.
- Strategic thinker and Innovative problem solver
- Ability to work successfully in dynamic and challenging scientific business environments
Must have the ability to obtain an NRC IT-1 Public Trust.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: