No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
The Junior Help Desk Engineer will provide Tier II support for the ESA IV Service Desk. This will include provisioning, maintaining, configuring, updating, and troubleshooting desktops, laptops, smartphones, tablets, and printer connectivity. This successful candidate will perform advance user account maintenance, including Active Directory (AD) tasks, and support end users with excellent customer service skills, responsiveness, follow-through, issue resolution, and timely ticket closure.
- Provides hands on end user technical support to internal/contract employees
- Develops solutions to technical problems that require depth of technical knowledge
- Communicates with colleagues across multiple areas (project managers, other technical resources, etc.).
- Explains technical solutions, practices and procedures to others within the Service Desk.
- Respond to and resolve IT issues and request tickets using help desk software in compliance with an internal Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Provide Service Desk Manager reports as needed from the tracking tool.
- Typically requires BS degree and 2 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience
- Must have solid hands-on knowledge of desktop Windows administration required
- Excellent understanding of Windows, LAN, and Active Directory (Group Policy)
- Office 365 expertise
- Knowledgeable about SharePoint applications
- Application of security settings and other commercial security best practices
- Must have experience with configuration, troubleshooting, and maintaining virtual and cloud environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and function in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with centralized desktop managed tools such as SCCM and IBM BigFix
- Experience with and understanding of Active Directory containers, objects, and GPOs
- Strong understanding and experience with enterprise deployments of Microsoft Windows 10
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and experience resolving difficult issues
- Some scripting experience preferred (PowerShell, VB Script)
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: