No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies" Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
The NRC (Nuclear Regulatory Commission) program at Leidos in Rockville, MD has an opening for a Senior IT Systems Administrator to support the ISMP (Integrated Source Management Portfolio) web based applications and Cloud environment at the NRC. The position requires a multi-skilled system administrator who can support and maintain the operating systems, server systems, storage and applications in the Cloud (Azure). Leidos currently provides new development, maintenance and operational support for these systems, as well as supporting the hosted Cloud environment.
This position requires the Systems Administrator to be well versed in current information system technologies to be able to provide guidance and recommendations in support of implementing Cloud strategies. The Systems Administrator will possess an advanced understanding of Azure Cloud administration, allocating resources, configuring virtual machines and storage. The Systems Administrator will interact with users, evaluate vendor products, and make recommendations to purchase hardware and software. The Systems Administrator will also develop and monitor policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources, as well as coordinate installation and provide backup recovery.
Other duties include:
- Administration of the ISMP User and Azure Cloud IT environments, including servers, storage, Active Directory, user accounts and permissions, security monitoring systems, workstations, and laptops.
- Smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with other contractor administrators at the NRC.
- Set up of administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, basic network configurations, installing system wide software and security updates.
- Support applications run locally as well as in the Azure Cloud.
Typical Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree and 8 years relevant experience. Additional years of experience and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Candidate should have experience with operating systems such as Windows 2008 and 2012, Active Directory and LDAP, user accounts, Microsoft SCOM, Linux, TCP/IP, SharePoint, Windows 7 and 10, and Microsoft Office.
- Experience in hardware systems such as servers, desktops, laptops, iPad's, printers, basic network switches, and KVM switches.
- Ability to document requirements, specifications and processes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- The candidate must be a self-starter and able to work independently and proactively on tasks.
- Amazon Web Services administration.
- Strategic thinker and Innovative problem solver
- Ability to work successfully in dynamic and challenging scientific business environments
Must have the ability to obtain an NRC IT-1 Public Trust.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: