The Leidos Airborne Integration & Ground Processing Systems operation of the Advanced Solutions Group currently has a career opportunity for a Ground & Flight Test Engineer for the Airborne Reconnaissance Low Enhanced (ARL-E).
ARL-E is a multi-year program supporting the U.S. Army with upgrading and enhancing the Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) capabilities of their airborne reconnaissance fleet. The ARL-E team is geo-graphically separated with primary duty locations of Manassas, VA and Aberdeen, MD. A minimum of 25% travel may be required to support training and test events at each of the primary duty locations as well as CONUS test ranges. The Ground & Flight Test Engineer will report to the Test and Evaluation Lead Engineer located in Aberdeen, MD. The position may be located either in the Manassas, VA or Aberdeen, MD locations. An active Top Secret clearance is required upon hire, with the ability to obtain a TS SCI.
Primary responsibilities of the Ground & Flight Test Engineer is to perform day-to-day execution of the Test and Evaluation Program for an Airborne ISR (AISR) system. The Engineer will work with a multi-company team to develop, document, and execute a Test and Evaluation Program within this AISR program.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Participate in test planning meetings
Create and execute test procedures to meet system performance requirements and document test results
To be considered for this position, a candidate must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below.
- Active Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain SCI.
- Bachelors degree in a related technical discipline and 6 to 8 years of experience; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Civilian and/or military experience with AISR programs.
- Knowledge of formal Test and Evaluation plans, procedures, and the verification & validation (V&V) process to meet government requirements.
- Possess strong problem-solving, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills. Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project and Outlook).
- Should be able to pass a Class II flight physical and altitude chamber.
- Experience in formal testing and documentation to include Developmental Test and Evaluation (DT&E), Limited User Test (LUT), and Operational Test and Evaluation (OT&E)
- Experience with integrating networking hardware/software into ISR Ground Stations and Airborne Platforms
- Understanding of Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS) architecture
- Electro Optical, Infrared (EO/IR) sensor experience
- Full Motion Video (FMV) experience
- Hyperspectral Imagery (HSI) sensor experience
- Communications Intelligence (COMINT) sensor experience
- MX Series sensors (MX-15, MX-20)
- BIG GREEN
- ACES HY
- PRCEligible for the Referral Bonus Program
Referral Bonus Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Testing and Quality Assurance