Leidos is seeking a highly qualified Senior level Network Engineer experienced in full life-cycle support of multiple systems and architectures. Candidate should be familiar with network design, testing, installation, verification, and sustainment activities.
The Engineer should have experience with switches, routers, firewalls, encryption devices, copper and fiber based connectivity, and understand various Ethernet standards and L2/L3 protocols to accomplish tasks. Knowledge of and experience with Cisco products is required. The position requires excellent communications skills, both verbal and written. The individual will be expected to provide mentoring and leadership to junior engineers on program. The candidate must be able to work in a high energy environment and adapt to shifting priorities.
• Perform network engineering functions to include conceptualization, design, implementation, and optimization of network systems.
• Translate user needs into network solutions, modifications, and upgrades (network reconfiguration, hardware and software acquisitions, installation and test).
• Understand the application of current and emerging network software and hardware technology and protocols.
• Solve complex engineering problems.
• Support program reviews and briefings; identify and report on issues or related problems and potential risks.
• Maintain currency on network and security tools and technologies and provide inputs for white papers and proposals.
• BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience preferred or relevant experience in lieu of degree.
• Experience in engineering and architecting multiple-classification IT systems and services.
• Experience successfully deploying network hardware, system, and software upgrades
• Experience in datacenter environment utilizing Nexus platforms.
• Experience utilizing Cisco ASR and ASA equipment
• Knowledge in implementing different transport mechanisms such as Tunneling and Encryption.
• Understanding and implementing different routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
• Experience in network and network security design where under general direction, manages the design, installation and support of LAN/WAN based networks and security components such as routers, switches and firewalls, datacenter equipment
• Experience in managing/installing/configuring Juniper related equipment.
• Experience is utilizing network monitoring systems such as Solarwinds, Kiwi Cat Tools
• Experience using Cisco ISE for TACACS/RADIUS/802.1x/Posture/Compliance
• Understanding how client/server systems integrate into the network/understand the flows in order to integrate into network infrastructure
• Experience in resolving complex network and security issues where in-depth evaluation and analysis was required using SNMP based network monitoring platforms, LAN/WAN test equipment, and log analyzers.
• Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, including experience in presenting material to senior Government officials and communicating and coordinating with other Government contractors and industry
• A Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)/ Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA) certification/ Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA Security) certification is highly desirable
• Experience with System Engineering (SE) of IT systems and services in accordance with Government and industry enterprise architectures, standards, policies, guidelines, and best practices.
• Experience integrating and consolidating IT systems and services over a common transport architecture.
Clearance: Active TS/SCI with Poly
As a condition of employment, this position requires the candidate pass both a customer required medical and physiological screening.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Network Administration and Ops
Defense & Intel