Leidos is seeking an Software Developer who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration's En-Route Automation Modernization ERAM) technology, which is the heart of the Next Generation Air Transportation System and the pulse of the National Airspace System helping to advance our transition from a ground-based of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management.
ERAM is vital to the future of air navigation, providing the foundational platform required for FAA to enable NextGen solutions, via modernization programs such as System Wide Information Management, Data Communications, and Automatic Dependent Surveillance- Broadcast. ERAM will provide benefits for users and the flying public by increasing air traffic flow.
System functions include:
• RealTime Programming on High Availability Systems
• Multi-threaded programming
• Low Level Operating Systems Customization (RedHat, AIX)
• Low level communication software (TCP-IP, UDP, SCTP)
• Support of Common Services utilized by ERAM Application teams
• System Maintenance Concepts
Working both as a member of a team and independently the successful candidate will be:
• Modernizing the Air Traffic control system by improving the availability and performance of the ERAM system.
• Supporting ERAM as it continues to migrate ERAM from the AIX operating systems to Linux. Detailed knowledge of Linux OS and OS concepts desirable.
• Optimizing the experience for the flying public, Air Traffic Control, and the airline industry by improving the collaboration and decision-making capabilities of flight controllers
. Developing and maintaining the FAA air traffic control display software within the object oriented environment (primarily Ada95/C++) on a UNIX/Linux platform. There are a number of support/maintenance functions that utilize PERL/PYTHON.
• Performing software development as needed for the ERAM system
• Coordinate Solutions with Systems Engineering
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
Proficiency with one or more of the following software languages: C#. Java, J2EE, C, C++, or Ada - Experience with System Integration, regression testing.
Good communication skills. Strong team player. Bachelors degree from an accredited college relevant field.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: