Leidos has an opening for a Network Optimization Engineer at Scott Air Force Base, IL.
Are you looking for a challenging opportunity to make a difference by supporting the warfighter? Do you thrive in a fast paced, impact driven environment?
Our customer, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), provides, operates, and assures command and control of the Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the warfighter, national leaders and other mission and coalition partners across the department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations. Our Network Operations Center (NOC) team provides 24x7 global DoD information network (DoDIN) operations and incident management support. This position is part of the standard provisioning and engineering process to produce Telecommunication Service Orders. The Network Optimization Engineer models the behavior of a network by calculating bandwidth constraints and running simulations to determine the optimal interaction between the different network entities (routers, switches, nodes, access points, links etc.)
• Conducting network performance optimization using WANDL, Riverbed Optical Planner, and Net Planner to assist in the planning and design of multi-technology, multi-vendor networks, providing baseline analysis, cost-effective network change planning, and survivability testing.
• Provide impact assessments, initiates network grooming, and provides alternative routing support during operational / real-world events.
• Ensure the integrity of the analytical framework and modeling tools for end-to-end DODIN performance modeling and assessment.
• Collect and assess key DODIN performance parameters and, interacting with model-based simulations.
• Recommend optimal DODIN configurations to achieve prioritized DoD mission capability and effects.
• High school and 5+ years of experience; additional years of directly applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
• Ability to obtain DoD 8570 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE or equivalent.
• Network engineering, problem management, and performance management experience.
• Knowledge of implementing, administering, performing testing, and analyzing network systems.
• Understanding of basic telecommunications and information technology terms and technology.
• Strong written and verbal communications, team building and collaboration skills.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
• Experience with network services (BGP, OSPF, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, WAN, VPN, VLAN, VRF, etc) and network appliances (e.g., routers, load balancers, domain name servers, firewalls)
• Currently possess an active Secret security clearance and be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance.
External Referral Eligible