The Intelligence and Homeland Security Group of Leidos is seeking a Senior Graphic Designer/ Documentation/Work Products and Editing Support the Office of the Inspector General for an Intelligence Community (IC) program in Northern Virginia. An Active TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance is required in order to be considered for this position. The candidate will support Government staff in developing a broad range of written products in support of senior leadership and USG policymakers.
- Documentation/Work Products and Editing Support: Support the IC IG with editing, creating, processing, and coordinating the composition of products for hardcopy and electronic publication and dissemination. This work includes editing, proofreading, formatting, creating graphics, and providing quality control for the publication of analytic and finished intelligence products (including briefing books) for senior policymakers. Documentation work includes ensuring consistency in organization, style, and readability.
- Lead document production efforts, define project requirements, develop production timelines, use approved formats, research written and graphic content, prepare concepts for customer review, produce final content layout and artwork, coordinate with stakeholders, ensure quality control, and prepare and deliver digital files for final hard copy or soft copy output.
- Serve as the IC IG technical/creative resource for report production projects, provide alternative approaches and mediums for consideration, review concepts, content and final artwork, and recommend or incorporate revisions for team projects to ensure adherence to technical production and quality control standards.
- Support all IC IG branding and marketing efforts, including strategy development and campaign execution.
- Provide technical editing and creative support for all report production projects, including all aspects of production activities, designing complex publication products such as books, foldouts, newsletters, etc. and classification review.
- Assist the IC IG Public Affairs Officer to plan and design briefing products, web products, and websites, partnering with clients to ensure inclusion of project requirements. Plan and develop original, innovative content and graphic concepts, formats, templates, and/or standards for product design.
- Define, clarify, and communicate customers' requirements and coordinate with customers to plan projects; work closely with customers to translate vision and conceptual ideas into graphic products, assess work parameters on complex projects, collect information, negotiate production schedules, and resolve difficult procedural and production problems that may arise.
**Requires a BA degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph
- At least 10 years of demonstrated professional oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience with technical writing and reports production and print and digital visual communications production.
- Demonstrated skilled knowledge of Microsoft Office tools including SharePoint, PowerPoint and Adobe Creative Suite products.
- Demonstrated ability to review reports/presentations for grammatical errors and quality assurance and provide substantive edits for improvement.
- Demonstrated knowledge of technical production and quality control standards; the ability to define requirements and develop production timelines; select appropriate formats; knowledge of proper file structure; experience working with large-scale digital printers; and packaging small print products (examples- booklets, trifold brochures, and cards, etc.); must be able to prepare and deliver digital files for final hard copy or soft copy output; and recommend alternative approaches and mediums for customer consideration.
- Demonstrated knowledge of graphic design and photography including Adobe Creative Suite tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, and lnDesign) and Microsoft PowerPoint.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Visual and Graphic Design
Defense & Intel