Leidos has a job opening beginning in the Summer of 2019 for a Software Engineer Intern/Co-Op in Reston, VA.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED.
Work will consist of a wide range of projects to include: mobile app design and development, securing mobile devices including communications, integration and interface development of various security products, integration and interface development of various analytic products, implementation of automated behavioral analysis tools to monitor network traffic, integration of mobile capabilities for logistics, modernization of web-based user interfaces.
Tasks that Students will perform: Receive assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives. Perform software analysis, design, development and test of specific requirements related to Windows, Linux and mobile operating systems. Determine system and software specifications and architecture to meet customer requirements.
- Current enrollment in an accredited college or university, pursuing a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or directly related field.
- The student must be willing/able to take a semester off to work through the Fall (Aug-Dec 2019) semester.
- Knowledge of Java, XML/XSL, mobile application programming, and database systems.
Additional skills should include knowledge of mobile technologies, web services, SOA, C/C+, LINUX, encryption, security, and communications.
- Proficiency in computer applications, languages, technologies, set-up and configurations, trouble shooting, and system design.
- US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED.
- Eligible to obtain a DoD Secret Security clearance.
-Familiarity with software security requirements and Information Assurance policies.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel