The Government Health & Safety Solutions Group seeks a content developer with experience in MS SQL Server Reporting Services to develop numerous subject-specific and cross-cutting reports. Developers should be experienced with report dataset creation, parent and child reports (subreports), grouping, summing, interactive features such as dynamically-inserted links to other reports or websites, using external inputs to launch and filter reports, and other advanced topics such as seamless integration of SSRS reports within both authenticated and anonymous-access websites.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience using the "code behind" feature of SSRS, designing and using re-usable report objects, integrating SSRS reports with ASP .NET web applications, and creating reports that meet Federal accessibility standards for computer systems and data products. Candidates must also demonstrate knowledge of report performance optimization and a basic familiarity with various data modeling approaches and nomenclature.
- Design, develop, and integrate highly complex SQL processes and derives logical processes on physical platforms for internal and external users/clients
- Create, document and implement SQL Server database/development standards.
- Work with customers, end users, project managers, technical architects, and application developers to define the data requirements and structure for databases
- Evolves models to meet new and changing business requirements
- Work with business requirements analyst to identify and understand source data systems
- Designing and building SSIS packages following HL7 protocols pulling data from other sources to SQL Server
- Designing Reports as per CMS needs using dashboards as the key entry to reporting.
- Assist with architecture, build-out to scale, and support of the enterprise business intelligence platform
- Implementing and supporting new and existing features, as well as continually expanding the capabilities of our technology solution and architecture
- Develop and manage data schemas and objects (SQL Server DDL/DML) that support major business applications
- Build out ad-hoc SQL reports using SSRS on an as-needed basis
- Write and apply unit/regression tests to all application code and ensure successful coverage
- Develop SSAS cubes and manage their respective ETL processes
- Collaborate with DBA, Software Developers, and Data Integration Lead to ensure BI project needs are being met
- Build, test, and maintain production ETL mappings
- Assist with the architecture and development of logical and physical data models
- Refactor legacy or older code applying industry standard patterns and practices
- Work with Development and QA teams, and business support to ensure interface requirements are met
- Partner with business associates to interpret project requests and derive technical specifications
- Conduct research and evaluate/analyze developer utilities and application integration platforms
- Research and diagnose reported application problems and take the appropriate action towards problem resolution
- Use custom or packaged systems to benchmark application performance and identify needed optimizations
- Stay abreast of industry/company activities via seminar, training classes, industry publications, etc
BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
• 5+ years of experience of working with relational databases; 5+ years with Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012/2016
• 5+ years of experience of working with SQL; 5+ years of T-SQL developing Stored procedures, Views, Triggers, UDF (User defined Functions), constraints, etc
• Experience of database optimization using profilers, query analyzers and query plans
• Experience designing, developing and deploying Business Intelligence solutions using SSIS, SSRS and SSAS (BIDS/SSDT)
• Experience of working in a .NET environment using Visual Studio 2008/2010 and Team Foundation Server (TFS) is a plus
• 5+ years of database engineering, design, development experience
• Familiarity with Agile, Scrum methodologies
• Experience working with relational data modeling using tools like Erwin, PowerDesigner, etc.
• Experience with SQL Replication/Mirroring
• Experience of data warehousing; cubed data and (de)normalization would be a plus.
• Experience designing conceptual and logical models
• Familiarity with Linq
Position requires US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Holder) with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.