Leidos has a career opportunity for a Java Developer with a TS/SCI with polygraph clearance in Annapolis Junction, Maryland.
PROGRAM SUMMARY: Do you enjoy being a part of small teams that work closely with the customer? Does big data pique your interest? Our Prototype Development Support program is looking for candidates with a strong mission focus to do new development and rapid prototyping. Someone who can figure out smarter, better ways to discover new targets or support mission analysis.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Individual will be responsible for developing new analytics using the customer's corporate infrastructure. The position will require using a development process to include initial capability creation, testing, collaboration with analysts, documentation, software modifications, incorporation into visualization tools, and supporting the migration of the analytic from development servers to production servers.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION: The candidate must have:
Bachelor's Degree and 4-8 years of experience, additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- At least 4 years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline
- At least 4 years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- At least 1 year of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- Must have solid experience with Java
- Understanding of Map Reduce would be beneficial
- Experience developing analytics using Hadoop and Map Reduce is a plus
- Experience developing analytics with Pig is a plus
- Experience with Python is a plus