Leidos has an opening for a Project Accountant I to join our Corporate Project Accounting team in Tucson, AZ. The Project Accountant utilizes Costpoint to set up and maintain all new and existing contracts including but not limited to new award setups, modifications, and interdepartmental updates on direct and indirect projects.
Responsible for identifying and setting up contractual requirements that impact revenue and billing. Also responsible for analyzing contract awards, pricing and proposal documents to gather all pertinent information for data entry in the contracts system.
Selected resource must display knowledge of contract interpretation to articulate requirements as they pertain to ACB fields. The position requires strong communication skills, both written and verbal. The position is extremely detail oriented and requires ability to handle high volume of work.
- Setup of new projects in Costpoint after review of contract requirements with project team.
- Provide direct project structure maintenance on existing projects based on contract modifications or requests from project control, accounts receivable and revenue.
- Set up labor categories, billing rates and applicable ceilings in Costpoint.
- Confirm all information is aligned amongst the accounting systems to safeguard against internal and external audit findings.
- Run and route Initialization Report in workflow tool system as required by corporate policy.
- Setup and/or provide indirect project structure maintenance (Overhead, B&P, IR&D, G&A, Service Center, Management Allocations, etc.) for existing projects
- High School diploma with minimum 2 years of experience in applicable Project Control, Accounts Receivables, Contracts, or Project Accounting.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong Excel skills
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Costpoint experience is preferred.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: