Are you ready to join Leidos all-star team? Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show how to accelerate your career path.
The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Research Scientist to work at our customer site on Wright-Patterson AFB, OH near Dayton, Ohio to work as part of a leading-edge research and engineering, design and development team. We are seeking you, a mission and team-oriented individual who enjoys working as an individual contributor in highly collaborative teams. You will contribute to the Warfighter Program supporting AFRL/RHA. The Warfighter program provides the Air Force with a wide range of research into advanced technologies to improve training effectiveness among a multitude of operationally-relevant platforms and roles.
If you like doing these tasks, this might be the right job for you:
- Lead a skilled research team to design, develop, implement, and execute studies in a training research program that assesses human performance and training effectiveness of multi-level-fidelity devices and networked simulation systems.
- Be responsible for overall research team direction as well as daily management, to include project and workflow planning, long-range research strategies, developing and proposing potential research to customers, and maintaining direct communication with customers to ensure that customer research direction is being effectively investigated.
- Support activities related to publication of laboratory research findings.
- Address issues related to determining appropriate knowledge and skills for operator training and will identify alternative training techniques or technologies best suited to enhancing learning in a complex environment.
- Work with government customers, software engineers, subject matter experts, and military personnel.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- PhD in Experimental or Applied Psychology or a related discipline (Industrial/Organizational Psychology, or Human Factors Psychology) with 20+ years research experience in applied domains and relevant analyses
- Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain and maintain a DOD Top Secret Security Clearance
- Extensive experience in research team management and project management
- Extensive experience with developing research proposals and long-term research planning
- Be more than proficient with SPSS or equivalent statistical and data analysis programs and have experience handling large, iterative databases
- Be proficient at public speaking and report writing
- Be more than proficient with the MS Office suite, specifically Excel
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Proven success with government or military research domains, to include proposal process and military research execution
- Familiarity with Trust and Automation research
- Familiarity with Augmented Reality / Virtual Reality, and potential applications to military simulator training
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: