Leidos has an immediate opening for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Corporate Information Security Group. We will consider 100% telecommute option for the right candidate.
In this role, you will work on building out a big data system to manage, analyze and explore cyber data. You will be writing code in Java and Python, you will be deploying your solutions on-prem and on-cloud, and you will explore the latest technologies available while building a cutting-edge platform.
- Write clean, secure, interface oriented code in java, spark, or python
- Work with Docker, Kubernetes and other automated deployment tools
- Work on a distributed, high-paced, fast-moving and disciplined agile team
- Create tests, documentation and supporting materials for the product we are building
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science related field, plus 8 years of relevant experience in software development, with Java being a required language.
- Curiosity: you ask why, you explore, you are familiar with latest and greatest open source tools, and always fascinated by what's possible and what could be better.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and to independently use available resources to close knowledge gaps
- Experience with Python or any other similar scripting language
- Experience with Java
- Solid understanding of Git
- Experience working in a Linux environment such as Red Hat, CentOS or Ubuntu
- US citizenship is required and able to obtain security clearance
- Ability to design, develop, and maintain applications within the cloud environment
- A familiarity modern development approaches (serverless, containerization, cloud, continuous delivery, micro-services, event based applications)
- Familiarity with Data Analysis or Statistics, and some data wrangling (programmatically extracting databases, transforming data, modeling it in readable form, etc
- Experience with REST APIs
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: