Leidos's Corporate Internal Audit Deportment is seeking an Associate Senior Auditor to join our team of financial professionals supporting our Corporate headquarters located in Reston, VA. The successful candidate will participate in Financial, Operational, Compliance, and IT audits performing procedures ranging from detail transaction testing to evaluating and establishing audit scopes. This position requires up to approximately 20% - 25% travel, both domestic and potentially international. **US Citizenship is required to access military sites for audits.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in and/or conducts financial statement audits, Sarbanes-Oxley Reviews, investigations, and other operational/compliance, or IT audits, ranging from detailed transaction testing to evaluating and establishing audit scopes.
- Evaluate processes and controls and draft management comments and recommendations.
- Candidate will be expected to effectively carry on other detail investigations requested by management, and performs special projects related to department administration, financial analysis, etc.
- Participates in the modification/development of audit programs, including administrative areas of an audit, such as planning and wrap-up.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or business related field from and accredited university. •
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience with a public/regional accounting firm is required, with first-hand experience auditing large government contracting corporations a plus.
- Demonstrates a good understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards.
- Effective oral and written communication skills are also required to allow the candidate to effectively interact with various levels of management and members of Leidos' operating organizations.
- Demonstrates a continuous improvement mindset, and possesses assessment and process-oriented background with ability to adapt in a dynamic environment.
- Uses time wisely by prioritizing tasks according to risk and demonstrates ability to manage time, should be able to both work independently, and facilitate a team environment.
- Must be a US citizen due to comply with access requirements.
- Experience auditing large government contracting corporations.
- CPA with an active license in good standing is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel; experience with Deltek CostPoint, Workday, Hyperion, and data analytics software such as IDEA or ACL would be considered pluses.