Leidos is seeking a Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO) for our Chantilly, VA office.
• Serve as the CPSO supporting multiple programs simultaneously in accordance with the NISPOM supplements, overprints and other government regulations, e.g. ICD's and the NSM.
• Have expert knowledge and provide input to program security plans and SOPs for multiple programs.
• Contribute to the development and execution of security policy, plans and procedures.
• Must have knowledge of Customer's Automated Information Systems Security (AISS) policy and procedures.
• Use a high level of initiative and innovation in identifying and resolving problems and issues of moderate scope.
• Provide professional interactions with a broad cross-section of staff members within Leidos and with individuals outside of Leidos.
• Advise and instruct management in the area of security where risks and tradeoffs have a direct impact on the programs being supported.
• Team with Program Managers in interpreting, applying and complying with Security Classification Guides (SCGs).
• Represent Leidos while conducting liaison between Leidos, government sponsors, and subcontractors.
• Perform physical, personnel and administrative security responsibilities for multiple SCIFs, which often call for requests to government security representatives regarding accreditations, personnel actions, AIS transmissions and working with other government facility sponsors to draft co-use agreements and MOUs/MOAs for shared space.
• Support and lead customer required pre-inspection and inspection activities.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of relevant experience.
• 8 - 12+ years of professional security experience.
• Knowledge of multiple Security functional areas.
• An understanding of security principles and government special security regulations (i.e. ICDs, , NISPOM, and NSM)
• Excellent organizational/communications skills and the ability to effectively interact with staff at all levels
• Top Secret//SCI Clearance is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for an SSBI and access to classified information.
• Experience with SCIF/SAPF construction
• Experience conducting Security incident inquiries
• Resourceful in solving problem and capitalizing on opportunities
• Professional Certifications/Affiliations
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel