Real World Solutions @ LEIDOS!
Do you want to grow your career and be part of a team solving critical challenges that affect the world? The Leidos Civil Group is leading the way in solving internationally pressing issues, including:
- Aviation - Guiding the world's air traffic, managing 43,000+ flights for 2.5 million passengers per day
- Cyber security - Monitoring advanced threats; managing security services and utility command and control centers
- Energy engineering - Restoring power during hurricane efforts; helping communities achieve significant energy savings
- IT infrastructure modernization - Helping 2+ million citizens recover from identity theft; maintaining global biometrics systems
- Transportation security solutions - Securing U.S. borders with 1200+ radiation and explosive monitors; designing vehicle solutions that save lives, reduce congestion, and boost fuel efficiency
If you desire to be an integral part of a dynamic team of science and technology leaders, then Leidos Civil is the place for you!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies".
Leidos is looking for a Cloud Administrator to assist in the following tasks:
Perform day to day operations and maintenance of Windows and Linux servers hosted in a Cloud environment, and associated configuration of the Cloud Service Provider Design, implement and test the creation of system runbooks and playbooks to provide instructions to the operations and maintenance team about how to handle new and emerging IT incidents related to Cloud Services.
Work with team to design and implement best practices Cloud solutions. The role would involve 80% design/technical and 20% support and maintenance.
- Perform day to day operations and maintenance of Cloud based solutions as well as management of Windows and Linux servers
- Design, implement and test the creation of system runbooks and playbooks to provide instructions to the team about how to handle new and emerging IT incidents related to Cloud Services
- Work with team to design and implement best practices Cloud architectures
- Research best practices in Cloud architecture, and document findings for team to help guide decision making
- Participate in technical projects; log all activities in a ticket system; document and update records of all work done; respond and fulfill inquires via electronic mail in timely fashion; routes and directs inquiries to appropriate groups within the program
- Provide technical support, execute service requests and answer general how to questions in a IT network environment;
- Perform other Systems Engineering related duties as required.
Basic Qualifications (Must have)
- BS degree with at least 4 years of prior relevant experience or Master's degree with at least 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Hands-on experience using computer, networking, storage, and database AWS services
- Scripting and automation experience in Bash or Powershell
- Hands-on experience managing Linux-based and Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Understanding of networking concepts (CIDR and subnetting, ports and protocols, VPN, routing)
Desired skills (Preferred but not required)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for work in a collaborative team environment with a customer service oriented approach
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Hands-on experience with Anti-virus, IPS, and/or patch management solutions
- Hands-on experience managing web applications in IIS or Apache Tomcat
- Understanding of operational best practices, configuration management, and security controls
- AWS Certification (Developer, DevOps Engineer, Solutions Architect, other)
- Experience with log collection and monitoring solutions
- Experience with automation tools such as Chef or Ansible
- Experience with virtualization hosting and hypervisor technologies
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Network Administration and Ops