Unleash your talents at Leidos! Grow and advance rapidly in your career by letting Leidos challenge you with world toughest technical problems.
Our fun Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos currently has an opening for you, our latest Pulsed Power Engineer to work in our Albuquerque, NM office. At this location, Leidos conducts research and development on compact pulsed power systems, charged particle beam interactions, compact, prime power systems, ultrashort pulse laser systems, high power electromagnetic (HPEM) materials & plasma science, and HPEM fundamental research with our university partners.
Fun stuff you will do in this role:
- Lead the design and development of state of the art prime power and pulsed power systems for our Air Force customer
- Introduce creative ideas for designs that are robust, reliable and optimized for minimum size, weight and power consumption.
- Apply engineering expertise to support trade studies on DE system concepts.
Build and test design concepts in the laboratory; supervise technical staff; collect and analyze data.
- Track progress across multiple design projects, document project status and present it to the customer in regular meetings.
- The candidate will work daily with other scientists, and engineers and technicians.
- The candidate may also design, develop and field power electronics and high voltage systems.
- The candidate will attend weekly meetings and provide status updates on work activities.
- The candidate will provide written reports and PowerPoint slides to present finding and innovative solutions.
To be successful in this role you must have these skills:
- BS degree and at least 2 years of prior relevant experience, Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience, or a Ph.D with 1 year of experience
- Ability to analyze data and write accurate and concise test summary reports
- Ability to work well in a laboratory environment and with scientific peers
- Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Experience using circuit simulators such as SPICE/LTSPICE
- Experience using mathematic software such as MatLab
- Experience using 3D CAD software such as SolidWorks
- Experience using PC Layout software
- Experience using electrostatic/magnetic solving software
- Experience building and troubleshooting power electronics
- Experience with high voltage systems
- Experience with vacuum systems
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: