Leidos is seeking a Technical Writer/Editor for an Army Tactical Systems program supporting the CECOM Software Engineering Center (SEC) . The position length would be for a 3 month assignment potentially being extended into a full-time position. This position is located in the area of Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD and requires an active DoD secret level clearance.
Our team provides Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS) and Post Production Software Support (PPSS) for a variety of Army Mission Command (MC) systems which encompasses Command & Control and Communications - Tactical (C3T) systems ensuring superiority in the air, land and maritime domains. Our mission is to modernize and integrate leading-edge C2 and Mission Command systems using innovative technology and methodologies to rapidly deliver capabilities to the warfighter. Your job will be to write technical specifications, reports, brochures, and/or manuals for internal documentation, customer reference or publications in support of this critical mission. Your duties would include:
- Provide technical writing and editing support for a variety of documentation deliverables associated with Post Production Software Sustainment (PPSS) software releases
- Organize and maintain weekly, monthly and quarterly program status reports
- Analyzes technical literature available, writes descriptive copy, and verifies documentation. Must be capable of reviewing customer drawings and data and translate customer language into standard procedures and product flow. Must be able to edit, write, and/or rewrite technical articles, publications, presentations, and other materials to communicate clearly and effectively on research findings, technical developments, and other information to a wide range of external audiences. Must be able to exercise quality control over documentation intended for external distribution.
- A bachelor degree in business, communication or engineering discipline
- 2-4 years functional experience editing and writing technical specifications, reports, marketing material and manuals for system documentation, user reference or publications
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong technical writing skills (clear, concise, and complete manner).
- Strong grammar skills (grammar, punctuation, spelling, usage).
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Willing to take initiative to develop systems expertise.
- Ability to work and contribute successfully within a team structure.
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (i.e., Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).Experience with Microsoft Word Styles.
- Experience with the Army C4ISR line of business in the Aberdeen Proving Ground market
- Familiarity with CECOM Software Engineering Center Post Production Software Sustainment (PPSS) processes