Staff Software Development Engineer
Leidos is seeking a Staff Software Development Engineer who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration's En-Route Automation Modernization (ERAM) technology, which is the heart of the Next Generation Air Transportation System and the pulse of the National Airspace System helping to advance our transition from a ground-based system of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management. ERAM is vital to the future of air navigation, providing the foundational platform required for FAA to enable NextGen solutions, via modernization programs such as System Wide Information Management, Data Communications, and Automatic Dependent Surveillance- Broadcast. ERAM will provide benefits for users and the flying public by increasing air traffic flow
The Staff Software Development Engineer will work within the Air Traffic Management SW Engineering organization and will be supporting the FAA ERAM and DataComm programs.
• Perform Software Configuration Management (SWCM) tasks
• Serve as the primary point of contact for any questions or concerns raised by users on SWCM support.
• Provide leadership support of the SWCM responsibilities.
• Provide SW Builds and Release management support
• Apply knowledge in Software development and Release management and deliver quality products.
• Additional responsibilities include: software builds and deliveries to SW Engineering teams, including version control of program and develop SW baseline configurations
• Conduct automation of software build processes and installation using Unix shell scripting
• Provide support to the SW Development team and ensure high customer service
• Develop scripts and automate procedures as needed
• Demonstrate outstanding leadership, analytical, teaming and interpersonal skills
• Coordinate SW build issues through completion.
Work will involve second and third shifts and weekend schedule
Support emergencies with short notice, when required
• Typically requires a Bachelor of Science degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
• Strong working knowledge and experience in Dimensions Configuration Management tool
• Development skills in the Linux/Unix environment
• Have experience in the SW process, process improvement and SW tracking.
• Have close working knowledge of the Software Engineering life cycle and demonstrated leadership skills through prior Engineering CM positions/experience is required.
• Working knowledge of SWCM tools/processes used in support of the FAA ERAM program
• Use of Unix and Configuration Management skills are required
• Trouble shooting support - effectively respond to users requests
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical, and written skills
• Self-Starter and ability to multitask
• Strong working knowledge or experience in Dimensions Configuration Management tool
• Working experience in FAA ATC programs