No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
Leidos has an opening for a Storage Systems Administrator (Associate) to support the ESA IV program. ESA IV is an IT Services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice. The program provides a range of IT services, including help desk, deskside support, Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, managed print services, ITSM, Active Directory services, and video conferencing, among others.
The individual selected for this position will be a member of the Systems Operations and Administration (SOA) team and will be assigned to work full time at a customer site in Washington, DC. This individual will be a Storage Systems Administrator and manage, operate and maintain NetApp storage devices at the customer site. Excellent hands-on knowledge of storage device administration is required for this position.
- Under the supervision of the Storage Lead, manage and maintain NetApp storage devices in the customer data centers; work directly with customers as required to ensure their needs are met.
- Work in a rapid paced environment and work independently
- Evaluate hardware and software, with the goal of improving and increasingly automating operations
- Develop and monitor policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources
- Create, maintain, and implement detailed documentation and maintain standard operating procedures
- The current storage solution utilizes a combination of NetApp and EMC products.
- The current backup solution is based on NetBackup software/appliance in combination with NetApp/EMC.
Under the supervision of the Storage Lead:
- Manage NetBackup analytics for day to day management of NetBackup hardware and software and produce reports.
- Take corrective action for any data backup that does not complete successfully.
- Restore data services as requested and/or required.
- Manage the backups for enterprise systems data and provide support in businesses recovery plans.
- Assist with ensuring the availability of the NetBackup Infrastructure and other backup infrastructures and developing processes and procedures for ongoing management of the NetBackup environment.
- Diagnose, resolve, and document backup and restore-related problems in a timely and accurate fashion in Service Now trouble ticketing system.
Provide support on a M-F business hours schedule; also responsible for on-call, extended hour, and weekend support as required by mission or emergency situations
The ideal candidate will be personable and articulate, and will focus on making sure that the customer's IT needs are met quickly and effectively. He or she will be a self-starter who can work with limited supervision. Excellent communication skills are required to effectively interface with customers on site and with staff in the main office in Washington, DC.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 2 - 4 years of overall related experience with a Windows server environment; or a Master's degree 2 years relevant experience. Additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree
- Understanding and administrative experience with NetApp Storage devices, and of EMC and cloud-based storage
- Knowledge of SAN, NAS, VSAN and Hyper Converged Infrastructure (HCI) storage architectures
- System (hardware) and application (software) installation and configuration
- System monitoring using installed tools as well as external tools
- Application of security settings and other commercial security best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to multitask and function in a fast-paced environment
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: