No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies" Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear .
The Leidos Civil TIPPS Program is hiring for a Senior Desktop Support Technician with strong customer support and technical skills to work as part of the Deskside team downtown DC. Candidate will have experience working with a broad variety of hardware/software, operating systems and COTS/GOTS applications. Position will be a technical lead working independently to resolve incidents within SLA. Looking for a high level of professionalism while directly working with customers and resolving incidents. This position will require a background check and Government Public Trust
• Use ticketing system to assign, track and document all customer interactions & steps to resolution
• Offer your support on a variety of computer hardware, software and peripherals issues by identifying, researching, and resolving technical problems
• Interface regularly and effectively with ticket submitters
• Deliver computer deskside support in accordance with established policies and procedures
• Interface with multiple teams to resolve incidents tracking interactions in ticketing system
• Fix computer problems, and recommend appropriate action/solutions -
• MS Windows 10 experience required
• Apple Macintosh experience
• Excellent IT skills and computer literacy
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, user instructions, and procedure manuals
• Bachelors in related field is preferred but not required. Additional years of experience and certifications may be considered in lieu of degree.
• 5-7 years of experience in - Windows 7/10, MS Office, Symantec SEE/SEP and related experience
• Experience working with ticketing systems
• Expert knowledge of Windows OS
• Good written and verbal skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Previous experience within a customer service role
• Excellent organizational skills
• Must be open to day shift work
• Install and configure new IT equipment