No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
The Service Desk Senior Team Lead will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the ESA IV IT Service Desk. Defines and establishes schedules, sets priorities, provides support/direction and deals with administrative issues as needed. Hire and train Technical Support Agents on operational procedures and troubleshooting techniques. Ensures staff provides timely and considerate customer service by fielding service desk calls and resolving technical issues. Create and maintain documentation related to managed services processes. Escalates tickets to management or other groups as needed.
The Service Desk Supervisor will have direct reports. Along with developing desk procedures and documentation as needed. Foster good customer relations and service at all times. Maintain the highest quality of service by monitoring employee-customer interactions and coaching the team on how to improve. Provide excellent communications and motivation within the team to sustain an energized workforce.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the ESA IV IT. Service Desk to meet expected service levels.
- Hire and train technical support agents and address performance issues as needed.
- Develop and maintain schedules to ensure 24/7 coverage.
- Develop and maintain reference documentation.
- Communicate with and motivate team to perform at high level
- Compile weekly, quarterly, and annual reports and metrics.
- Provide data and reporting of KPI's and trends to IT senior management.
- Typically requires a BA degree and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- BS degree in IT or business field 4 or more years of relevant work experience in a customer service environment.
- Proven technical support experience.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple, changing priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Organized and capable of working in a fast paced, team driven environment.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends.
- Help desk Institute (HDI) certified as a HDI Support Center Manager
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining formal processes and procedures for consistency and increased productivity.
- Demonstrated experience implementing methodologies to improve first call resolution, managing customer perceptions, and building strong internal relationships.
- Demonstrated experience developing a customer care philosophy that ensures customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing help desk performance through various statistical and reporting methods.
- Excellent Oral and Written Communications
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: