Do you want to work with new technologies in a large team supporting an important military program? Leidos is seeking a Software Developer with experience using Java/Java Script in a Linux environment and supporting our Point Loma/San Diego, CA location remotely from our Campbell, CA offices; some travel required. You must have an active Secret clearance for this position.
- Apply frameworks involved in a software release.
- Lead parts of projects through all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing.
- Help recommend the best designs to the customer based on their needs and resources.
- Complete software tasks within a two week sprint based on your estimates.
- Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Document, manage configuration, test, and debug software products
- Communicate status/progress the technical project and Navy government leads.
- Bachelor's Degree from a College/University in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field and 8-12 years of software engineering experience
- Position requires US citizenship and an active Secret DoD security clearance
- Must be proficient using at least one high-level programming language (Java is ideal, others are welcome)
- Experience developing web-clients to RESTful web-services.
- Must be Proficient with web application technologies (e.g., JBoss, Apache Tomcat, etc.)
- Knowledge of creating reusable solutions to common problems or issues
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git)
- Experience working in government/defense labs and their computing restrictions.
- Experience developing in Linux in a virtualized environment
- Proficiency with multiple operating systems (Linux, Windows, MacOSX)
- Geospatial-based application development and web-portal frameworks such as Ozone Widget Framework highly desirable
- Proficiency with HTML-5 and CSS
- Proficiency with dynamic web-application development component libraries such as AngularJS, jquery, and node.js
- Proficiency with a Relational Database Management System (e.g., Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.)
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (i.e., Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint)
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira)
- Experience with continuous integration environments (e.g., Jenkins)
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: