No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies" Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
The Quality Engineer will have overarching responsibility for conventional industrial, commercial residential construction maintenance, operation, inspection and testing methods against building codes and standards. The Quality Engineer will have oversight and provide tasking and guidance to the Antarctic "on-ice" Building Inspectors.
This position may require occasional short-term deployment to Antarctic stations for training and process verifications with the Building Inspectors and assigned subcontractor Quality Assurance staff. Must be able to pass medical and dental exams required for deployment.
- Quality review of all new construction by surveillance of the As Designed - As Built configuration control process
- Verify application of all commercial and residential building and maintenance codes such as but not limited to International Code Council (ICC) for Fire, Fuel Gas, Energy Conservation, Plumbing, Mechanical and Existing Building Codes
- Reviewing preventive and maintenance work orders from the Antarctic stations for completion and sign off final closures
- Particular attention for this position is a focus on repair work orders to verify the effectiveness of any repair
- Coordination of effectiveness will be done with the assigned building inspector(s) on-Ice
Typical Education and Requirements: Bachelor's degree and 6 years relevant experience. Additional years of experience or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree. This position requires knowledge of NFPA-7- Electric Code, and the NESC code for Electrical Safety. Knowledge, understanding, and application of all commercial and residential building and maintenance codes such as but not limited to International Code Council (ICC). This position requires a working knowledge of the processes and standards of concrete fracture analysis and slump testing, steel erection torque testing and racking, ground preparation density compaction, as well as Material Test Reports (MTRs).
- Knowledge, understanding and application of all heavy industrial codes of The American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), American Petroleum Institute (API), American Welding Society (AWS) and American National Standards Institute (ANSI) etc.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Testing and Quality Assurance