The DATA CENTER COMPUTER OPERATOR/SYSTEMS MONITORING is responsible for technical support services to include operations, network, applications, help desk and hardware maintenance support of the Navy Personnel Command systems, include 24/7 system operation and monitoring of this mission critical system. You must be able to quickly analyze problems and implement solutions in a high-stress, time sensitive environment. This is a "C" shift position 11:00pm to 7:00am Central Time.
- Two (2) years experience providing computer operation support.
- Experience should include Windows 7 and newer.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to perform basic Unix and AIX command line utilization.
- Understand, monitor, and perform customer support.
- Ability to communicate with detail as issues arise.
- Demonstrated experience with network, systems, and application monitoring and reporting.
- Weekend and Holiday work will be required.
- Must be able to attain a SECRET security clearance.
- Will have to attain a Security + certification prior to job start, and attain a MICROSOFT CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL MCP Certification, or equivalent such as: MCSA, MCTS, MCITP-SA within the first 6 months on the job.
- Experience with computer/main data center operations and maintenance at Navy Personnel Command.
- Have knowledge of Remedy customer service requests for helpdesk support and outage notification.