No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies" Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
The Nursing Education Consultant (Consulting Employee) will serve as a Nursing subject matter expert working with CDP-Leidos senior leadership to advise on the development and accreditation of training course material for FEMA's Center for Domestic Preparedness. The Nursing Education Consultant (Consulting Employee) will represent the Center for Domestic Preparedness with the Alabama State Board of Nursing for accreditation of curriculum and continuing education units. The Nursing Education Consultant (Consulting Employee) will also serve as a member of the (CDP) Commission on Accreditation for Pre-Hospital Continuing Education (CAPCE) Committee.
The Nursing Education Consultant (Consulting Employee) will perform the following duties:
- CDP-Leidos Liaison to Nursing Schools
- Represent CDP-Leidos at Professional Conferences
- Review and approve all nursing education and training activities offered by the accredited organization or cosponsored organizations including objectives, instructional personnel and evaluation tools
- Serve as the CDP-Leidos representative to State Boards of Nursing, National Nursing Associations and other professional organizations, as required
- Serve as subject matter expert for Nursing Healthcare and Public Health national standards.
- Serve as a member of the CDP CAPCE Committee
- Provide SME guidance concerning Nursing Services Best Practices
- Approve CDP course content, for Nursing Training and Education
- Assist with Healthcare Focus group recommendations
- Review nursing student/school surveys and make recommendations to improve CDP curriculum
- Maintain Alabama Board of Nursing license requirement
The Nursing Education Consultant (Consulting Employee) must have the following qualifications:
- Registered Nurse currently licensed by the Alabama Board of Nursing
- PhD in Nursing with 10+ years of experience of Nursing Education experience
- Ability to effectively communicate with Healthcare Professional Associations and DHS-FEMA leadership concerning CDP Education and Training strategic planning
- Recognized as a Subject Matter Expert in Nursing Education and Training
- Complete CDP Instructor Certification Process
Must be able to obtain and maintain a federal Public Trust Clearance
- Current or previous experience as a CDP Instructor
- Experience leading and managing instructional design and development of healthcare curriculum
- University Leadership Experience - Assistant Dean, Dean or higher
- Published author in Nursing Education and/or Professional Journals.