Leidos is seeking a Senior Cyber Security Engineer to support a variety of sophisticated, state-of-the-art naval training and simulation systems We are looking for an energetic, motivated, independent, self starter for a challenging position with Leidos. If you have the ambition, we have the position. Leidos offers a flexible career path, competitive salary, and comprehensive benefits.
The Cyber Security Engineer position is responsible for providing cyber security engineering services for classified and unclassified networks of computer systems running the Windows and Linux Operating Systems.
This position will provide cybersecurity engineering support for: 1) local area development networks (both Windows and Linux) at both a Leidos facility and a government facility, and 2) local area networks that tie together the computing nodes of the trainers. This support includes support for integrated security systems and solutions to manage information-related risks. This position will work with the customer, SCA, and DAO to develop new policies, design processes, and procedures, and technical designs to secure the development and trainer systems. This position will assess system vulnerabilities, implement risk mitigation strategies, validate secure systems, and test security products and systems to detect security weakness.
Travel may be required to trainer sites, including Pearl Harbor HI, San Diego CA, Bangor WA, Norfolk VA, Groton CT, and Kings Bay GA, that will not exceed 5% of the job.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical degree and 8+ years related experience; or a comparable Master's Degree and 6+ years of experience.
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
- Must possess demonstrable expertise in the Linux operating system as almost all of our products run on CentOS or RHEL. Red Hat certifications are desired but not required.
- Fluent using the Linux CLI.
- Demonstrated significant experience in Linux Systems Administration.
- Highly versed in Linux system administration and best practices.
- Familiar with enterprise network architectures.
- Experience with automated configuration management and server provisioning via tools such as Cobbler, Foreman, Spacewalk, Katello, Stacki, Maas, Razor.
- Experience with automated network and system monitoring via tools such as Big Brother, Nagios, SolarWinds.
- Experience with Virtualization Technologies, specifically KVM.
- Familiarity with large, complex Linux environments.
- Familiar with Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux particularly from an information assurance and remediation perspective.
- Familiar with DoD Information Assurance Programs, such as DoD 8570 and DoD 5520.
- Experience with Atlassian Products, such as JIRA, Confluence, and Bitbucket
- Experience with managing Git, Subversion, and other similar repository systems
- Experience with Windows administration, specifically Windows 10, DISA SHB, and Windows Server 2012
- Experience with Cloud Technology, such as AWS GovCloud
- Experience with scripting/programming skills for automation in Bash, Ruby, Python, and/or Perl
- General understanding of Linux internals (system calls, file systems, processes, etc.)
- General understanding of TCP/IP and related protocols (HTTP, ssh, NFS)
- Experience managing and maintaining Linux repositories
- Possess certifications: DoD 8570.01-M IAT level 2, or DoD 8140 Specialty Code 45 certifications, specifically both a baseline certification and Area of Expertise certification. Example Baseline Certifications are Security+ or CISSP. Example Area of Expertise certifications are CCNA, RHCE, MSITP, or Linux+.