Leidos is seeking senior Linux System Administrators to support a variety of sophisticated, state-of-the-art naval training and simulation systems. We are looking for an energetic, motivated, independent, self starter for a challenging position with Leidos. If you have the ambition, we have the position. Leidos offers a flexible career path, competitive salary, and comprehensive benefits.
The Linux System Administrator position is responsible for administering classified and unclassified networks of computer systems running the Linux Operating System. This includes maintaining, securing and patching these systems.
This position will be responsible for a variety of tasks to ensure all systems remain operational, and to assist end users.
The position is responsible for the design, installation, configuration, administration, support and maintenance of Linux based development and operational systems, on both the hardware and software sides of the systems. Duties include updating to new systems, as well as support on current systems by tuning performance, allocating storage space, and implementing critical system patches. This position is part of the Cyber Space Work Force, working directly with the customer to identify new and evolving security issues, invent, design, and implement solutions, and enhance the security posture of these Linux systems.
Travel may be required to trainer sites, including Pearl Harbor HI, San Diego CA, Bangor WA, Norfolk VA, Groton CT, and Kings Bay GA, that will not exceed 5% of the job.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent relevant job experience and 8+ years related experience.
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
- Must have or be able to obtain appropriate certifications to meet DoD Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level 2 requirements
- Expertise certification (such as CCNA, Linux+, RHCSA, RHCE, MCITP-W7, MCITP-Server, MCITP-W10, etc.) is required
- A proven ability to identify, quantify, and solve complex problems. Must possess demonstrable expertise in the Linux operating system as almost all of our products run on CentOS or RHEL. Red Hat certifications are desired but not required.
- The current team has the following skillsets. We are looking to grow the team with engineers having a comparable subset of these skills:
- Fluent using the Linux CLI.
- Familiar with enterprise network architectures.
- Experience with automated configuration management and server provisioning via tools such as Cobbler, Foreman, Spacewalk, Katello, Stacki, Maas, Razor.
- Experience with automated network and system monitoring via tools such as Big Brother, Nagios, SolarWinds.
- Experience with Virtualization Technologies.
- Fluency in programming/scripting skills for automation in Bash, Ruby, Python, and/or Perl.
- General understanding of Linux internals (system calls, file systems, processes, etc.).
- General understanding of TCP/IP and related protocols (HTTP, ssh, NFS).
- Experience managing and maintaining Linux repositories.
- Familiarity with large, complex Linux environments.
- Experience working in a large, highly available Linux environment.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience with Git, Subversion, or other CM system.
- Experience with enterprise tiered storage architectures.
- Experience with Windows system administration.
- Basic understanding of cloud technology.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: