The AIMES Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a System Engineer to work in our Beavercreek office. This is an exciting opportunity for potential candidates to use analytical skills and technical experience in the dynamic field of Full Motion Video development and deployment. We are seeking individuals with system engineering experience with emphasis on Linux, Windows, and Solaris administration, Cisco switching/networking administration, and VMware administration. The Systems Engineer Level T3 is responsible for the requirements capture, system design, systems integration/build, and deployment of video/motion-imagery related products. Support of software/system testing and performance of periodic systems administrator/operator training is also required. The candidate will routinely interface with the Development Lead, the Operations Lead, the Architecture Lead, the Testing Lead and the various Project Technical Leads, and various government and field engineering teams at customer sites. The successful candidate will be able to work both independently with minimal supervision, as well as within a team environment. The work will be accomplished across a range of direct contracts, internal research and development, and indirect tasks.
• Successfully deploy and maintain bare metal and VM clients, servers, and network systems
• Use scripting and automation tools to automate tasks and create efficiencies across entire infrastructure
• Perform research as required to find solutions to complex problems and/or incorporate emerging technologies into existing infrastructure to create efficiencies and optimizations
• Perform installation, configuration, and testing of newly delivered software for purposes of integration and release testing, and deployment to customer sites
• Create/Edit documents for system build, installation, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting
• Perform system analysis to isolate faults in bare metal and virtual environments
• Perform system analysis for purposes of performance optimization and catastrophe mitigation
• Work with AIMES Software engineers to ensure that all software is compatible with or meets customer security standards including the ability to work with CA signed certificates
• Create DRs, CRs, and OPS tickets to track software discrepancies
• Be able to write and run onsite Site Acceptance Test Procedures at a customer site with the customer witnessing.
• Be flexible in tasking changes due to supporting simultaneous software releases and customer deadlines.
• Provide functional design inputs into design documentation and formal/informal design reviews, including workflow definition, GUI design and mock-up development and human interaction implementation recommendations.
• Create, track, and update operations and help desk tickets using tracking software
• Responsible for all Cluster related operations and maintenance manual updates to include documenting updated or new processes and procedures
• Responsible for developing a software installation plan and/or training synopsis including coordinating deployment and ensuring all preparations are completed prior to departure.
• Responsible for ensuring that all new AIMES and PICTE features and releases function properly within the customer's environment. Including Active Directory/LDAP Integration and other dependent subsystems
• Requirements elicitation, capture, definition and documentation for new capabilities and features associated with motion imagery processing, exploitation and dissemination (including mobile devices).
• Be proficient at writing technical content for maintenance manuals including installation, test, repair, and troubleshooting procedures.
• Requires BS degree or equivalent experience and at least 5 years of prior relevant experience.
• Strong MS Windows, Linux, Solaris, Networking/Switch, and VMware administration experience
• Experienced in systems integration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of complex system problems
• Experienced with Unix scripting (bash) and Power Shell
• Be able to obtain an 8570 Certification
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally from informal one-on-one discussions or in a small group environment.
• Work well within a team and independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work within a dynamic work environment, ability to handle multiple tasks at once (multi-task)
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: U.S. citizenship with ability to obtain Secret clearance or higher. Active Secret clearance strongly preferred.
• Experience with Software development build tools and processes (Build Pipeline)
• Experience with Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, or Git, JIRA
• Experience with digital video systems and/or software
• Knowledge and/or experience with database administration, Java, Perl, or Python
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: