The Leidos Airborne Integration & Ground Processing Systems operation of the Advanced Solutions Group currently has a career opening for a Field Service Engineer for the Airborne Reconnaissance Low Enhanced (ARL-E) program located in Manassas, VA.
ARL-E is a multi-year program supporting the U.S. Army with upgrading and enhancing the Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) capabilities of their airborne reconnaissance fleet.
The Field Service Engineer will perform integration and maintenance of the Airborne ISR (AISR) system. As a part of a multi-company team, the candidate will integrate Mission Equipment Payloads into aircraft, perform system checkout and support the Test & Evaluation team throughout the Contractor Testing and system fielding.
The ARL-E team is geographically separated with primary duty locations of Manassas, VA and Aberdeen, MD. This position will be located in Manassas, VA. A minimum of 25% travel may be required to support activities at each of the primary duty locations as well as CONUS test ranges. The Field Service Engineer will report to the Mission Integration Lead Engineer located in Aberdeen, MD.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The position is responsible for assisting leadership with the technical oversight, and day-to-day design, development, integration, and testing of a hardware and software system architecture to support the AISR system. The Field Service Engineer will integrate airborne sensors and data links, manage integration processes, and have the ability to identify innovative solutions to extremely complex, multi-faceted technical problems.
Day to day activities include, performed under direction and oversight of the Mission Integration Lead:
- Integration of government and contractor primary mission equipment
- Testing equipment and creating/updating documentation associated with integration activities
- Termination of system cables
- Performance of subsystem Integration Assembly Test and Checkout
- Troubleshooting to isolate system faults and perform repairs
- Active Top Secret clearance
- Bachelors degree in a related technical discipline and 8-12 years of related experience; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Experience with COMINT/SIGINT systems
- Civilian and/or military experience with AISR programs
- Strong troubleshooting, problem-solving, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills. Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project and Outlook)
- Knowledge of aircraft integration and operations
- Experience in formal testing and documentation to include Developmental Test and Evaluation (DT&E), Limited User Test (LUT), and Operational Test and Evaluation (OT&E)
- Experience with integrating networking hardware/software into ISR Ground Stations and Airborne Platforms
- Understanding of Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS) architecture
- Electro Optical, Infrared (EO/IR) sensor experience
- Full Motion Video (FMV) experience
- Hyperspectral Imagery (HSI) sensor experience
- Communications Intelligence (COMINT) sensor experience
- MX Series sensors (MX-15, MX-20)
- BIG GREEN
- ACES HY
- Ability to pass a Class II flight physical and altitude chamber
Referral Program Eligible