The Civil Health Operation currently has an opening for a Senior Program Portfolio Manager in Baltimore, MD to lead a large business area consisting of over 200 professionals to support large complex IT systems for our customer, the Social Security Administration (SSA) under the ITSSC II vehicle.
The Senior Program Manager must have a background in successfully collaborating with multiple Federal agencies and with a variety of customers and customer stakeholders. The candidate must provide leadership to invigorate innovation and learning within their team. The candidate must be willing to drive smart change in an effort to change the culture to one that is collaborative and innovative in an effort to provide our customers with optimal solutions that meet their strategic goals.
The candidate will be responsible for meeting or exceeding customer expectations. The candidate will be expected to collaborate closely with functionals (HR, contracts, subcontracts, BusOps, Quality Assurance and Program Execution) and be responsible for meeting all business area goals and objectives. The candidate will be expected to provide oversight for all day-to-day operations of the program. In doing so, the candidate must be well organized and collaborate with the Director of Operations, Leidos Program Managers and Technical Leads to ensure the program achieves desired outcomes.
• Supervising Direct Report Employees
• Staffing and Personnel Management
• Subcontractor Management and Oversight
• Accountability to the Customer for overall program performance
• Program Cost Control and Financial Management
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years or prior relevant experience. Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
Applicant must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as proficient with MS Office Productivity Tools.
Other key areas of skill, expertise and experience include:
• Federal Contracts
• Building a Team, Recruiting Staff, Developing Staff
• Public Health or Health IT
• Project Management Professional certification or willingness to complete within one year
• Agile Development Methodology Expertise (preferred)
• Engineering and Management Processes (e.g. CMMI)
• Software Development Lifecycle
• Risk Management
• Process Improvement
Position requires US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.