The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Cyber/Indications and Warnings Analyst to work at our customer site at Ft. Meade, MD. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.
This individual is responsible for performing Security Incident and Event Handling for a critical DoD operational system. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong skills in Incident Response and Handling, Forensic Analysis, and the ability to quickly relay critical information to team members and management clearly, completely, and concisely.
As the Cyber/Indications and Warnings Analyst, the successful candidate will analyze collected data and derive facts, inferences, and projections to determine if the systems being monitored are operating normally or being attacked by an adversary. This individual will also analyze this collected data to detect an Insider Threat. The successful candidate will develop new dashboards and analytics to refine existing reports and create new reports. He/she will also work with System Engineers and System Administrators to better define the audit data being collected to eliminate false positives and false negatives from the data.
- Requires BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience
- Background and experience with at least one Indications and Warnings Monitoring tool
- Experience tuning audit data to reduce number of false positives and false negatives
- Experience in responding to detected security incidents
- Must possess excellent troubleshooting skills
- Must have a solid understanding of network intrusion detection methods and techniques
- Network Security Operations Center (SOC) experience preferred
- Experience creating Dashboards and Analytics within SEIM (Security Information and Event Management) Tool
- Experience creating workflows for Incident Response within a SEIM (Security Information and Event Management) Tool
- Experience with the following: StealthWatch, TripWire, Zenoss, and ArcSight
- CISSP Certification
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler Certification
- GIAC Cyber Threat Intelligence Certification
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel