The Government Health and Safety Solutions Group is seeking a Senior DB2 zO/S Database Administrator in Baltimore, MD.
DB2 DBA on z/OS, ERwin, IBM Utilities
This work effort involves providing DB2 DBA maintenance and development support of mainframe DB2 application databases in all environments (development, validation, integration, and production). The resource will conduct performance monitoring and tuning activities on DB2 databases. The DBA will be required to evaluate physical data models using ERwin. The DBA will be participating in the troubleshooting of slow running applications to determine modification to enhance performance. Direct interaction with the application development teams will be required.
This position will be responsible for:
• Administration of databases throughout the development and production lifecycles.
• Conduct performance monitoring and tuning activities on DB2 databases.
• Provide advice and support to development resources.
• Create and maintain the performance of stored procedures.
• Provide guidance in the creation and modification of standards and procedures.
• Supporting the standing standards, policies and procedures of the customer team.
• Provide mentorship to group members and will be expected to help develop and support mid and junior level staff.
• Will be scheduled for after hours on-call support and will be required to apply production packages during non-peak hours.
• The selected candidate will accept other duties as directed by management
Bachelor's Degree and four+ years of IT Experience or Intermediate IT certifications, or equivalent.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Mainframe DB2 DBA expertise with at least Version 10.
Experience with ERwin Model Manager.
Experience with CA or BMC DB2 tools.
Experience with IBM Utilities and JCL.
Ability to independently research problems and provide solutions.
Availability to provide weekend/off-hours support as needed.
Mainframe DB2 DBA experience Version 11
Prior experience in mainframe application development accessing DB2 databases.
Experience working with Java and distributed application teams.
Experience with Web Services, JPA (specifically OpenJPA) and WebSphere.
Experience with Omegamon for DB2
Requires US Citizen or Green Card Holder Status and the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: