The Leidos Defense and Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for a Systems Test Engineer II.
Overview: Our customer has a requirement to procure and develop cyber capabilities, leveraging the Agile Development Process. The tool suite to be developed should be tailorable to address various operating systems and platforms.Primary Responsibilities:
• Build or advise on building a total end-to-end test infrastructure, from source to destination, using resources contained in a single lab or shared among multiple labs. Includes provisioning computers, loading with required software, and creating a test thread through an available network infrastructure;
• Conduct component and system integration testing according to test plan provided. Additionally, identify and execute additional testing adding value to the test results;
• Properly document, according to the Customer defined standards, test procedures and results;• Administrator (install, configure) level expertise using special purpose network devices such as packet sniffers, SmartBits traffic generator, Broadway, Abacas, EMC Storage Area Network (SAN), and DCOSS;
• Conduct informal training in order to provide knowledge transfer to all testing team and eliminate single points of failure of task/function.
Basic Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in a technical field related to the requested skill sets;
• Minimum eight (8) years of experience in systems administration of hardware and software in support of developing and testing of Information Technology systems;
• Minimum eight (8) years of experience as a system administrator supporting computers systems running Microsoft Windows NT, Unix, and Linux operating systems;
• Minimum eight (8) years of experience as a system administrator, supporting computer network hardware including, but not limited to bridges, switches, routers, and gateways;
• Minimum Eight (8) years of experience identifying and resolving network system issues with IT hardware such as repeaters, bridges, routers, gateways, and hubs and operating systems such as Microsoft Windows and Windows NT, Sun Solaris, and Linux;
• Demonstrated ability to install, configure, and use personal security products including host and network based firewalls and intrusion detection systems;
• Minimum five (5) years of experience in C, C++, Perl, Python, or other scripting language, including threads;
• Minimum eight (8) years of experience in conducting both component and system integration level testing on complex software products;
• Minimum two (2) years of experience in HTML, XML, and WEB-based Graphical User Interface/portal development;
• Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver briefings, technical presentations, and program documentation to senior program management.