Chase your aspirations with no boundaries at Leidos! Accelerate your career growth by joining Leidos.
Leidos is currently looking for you, our next Program Manager, to support multiple contracts based out of the Dayton, OH area. We need you to have experience leading and managing technical and functional personnel in a research and development environment. You will get to predominantly support the Mission Open Architecture Science and Technology program, which provides a research and advancement on open architectures leveraged within the Air Force and other DoD services.
Fun stuff you will do on the job:
- Provide programmatic oversight of a team of scientists and engineers (10-15) as well as functional staff and assisting them in prioritizing customer requirements, managing project risks and implementing industry best practices to meet contract requirements.
- Establish milestones and ensures adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies and manages risks and program problems and develops mitigations/solutions.
- Present formal and informal project status/plan briefings to project sponsors, end users, and management through oral and written communications.
- Serve as contract representative and is responsible for managing all aspects of the program, including project planning, development and implementation according to cost, schedule, and technical (scope) requirements.
Skills we need you to have to be successful in this role:
- B.S. degree in an engineering field with at least 8 years of experience or Master's degree with 6 years of experience
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Project Management Professional (PMP), or DAU Level III certification
- Experience with subcontract management
- Experience with managing DoD contracts
- Experience reviewing task order requirements and generating complete and accurate Bases Of Estimate (BOEs)
- Willing to travel 25% or more during surge periods
- Possess excellent communication and customer service skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate in a professional manner (email, spoken, & reports)
- Team player who is able to prioritize and effectively manage multiple competing priorities
- Ability to make sound decisions and handle stress, while meeting deadlines and performing in a high-paced environment
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office tools, with an emphasis on Excel is required.
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Experience running a software engineering project
- Experience executing an R&D type program at a DoD Lab such as AFRL.
- Experience with airborne and ground-based sensors
- Familiarity with C2 and ISR type missions
- Experience with service center and associated management
- Experience with managing project with multiple "colors of money" and ACRNs
External Referral Eligible