Leidos Health is looking for an IT Project Manager who will provide IT Project Management support for various Department of Veteran Affairs IT Operation projects and sub-projects. This role is onsite in Austin, TX. We do not provide relocation. The candidate is required to expedite and coordinate services to assist in managing complex enterprise projects. The candidate will manage assigned tasks to completion within the schedule, budget, and scope of the individual project. The candidate will ensure objectives of the projects are achieved. The scope of projects includes infrastructure projects, application-specific IT projects, administrative projects, telecommunications projects, security projects, and process improvement projects. The candidate will provide 24x7x365. To qualify for this role; the candidate must have a current active PMP certification and experience in government contracting.
- Conduct all aspects of project initiation, planning, execution and closeout per industry standards and guidelines established for Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Follow VA and ITOPS IO standards and procedures for Project Management.
- Develop formal project charters as required by the IT Operations Program Manager.
- Facilitate project kick-off and status meetings and communicate individual roles and project expectations.
- Conduct formal project reviews with project sponsor at project completion and review all project products to confirm acceptance and satisfaction.
- Conduct reviews with the Program Manager on a periodic basis.
- Keep the Program Manager, Customer, and project team informed of the status of the project being managed.
- Coordinate activities with existing ITOPS IO customers.
- Coordinate activities for ad hoc requests from internal and external customers.
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans, and Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) of the tasks required to execute the project. The Contractor shall develop Project Schedules that are deliverable's-based and accurately depict the work to be performed by the project. All project plans, WBS and schedule work product must be retrievable by the COR/VA PM(s) for any reviews and approvals required.
- Monitor project milestones and critical dates to identify potential jeopardy of project schedule, and identify ways to resolve schedule issues.
- Ensure that risks associated with the cost, resource, schedule, and technical aspects of the project are identified, assessed, documented, tracked, and mitigated. All issues tracked must be accessible by the COR/VA PM(s) for any reviews and approvals required.
- Maintain a collaborative environment with key stakeholders(s).
- Participate in the development of project standards, procedures and quality objectives. The
- Contractor shall utilize industry and EO established project standards, procedures and quality objectives without requiring assistance from others. All documentation shall be provided to the
- COR/VA PM for approval prior to any implementation or changes.
- Identify artifacts needed to establish and maintain control of the project. Create and utilize those artifacts mandated by VA and ITOPS IO standards.
- Communicate assigned responsibilities to project members for developing artifacts and performing project activities.
- Review project management activities with Senior Management on a periodic basis.
- Review project-planning activities with the Project Team on a periodic and event-driven basis.
- Develop estimates for project's effort, costs, and critical computer resources according to the specific application.
- Notify all affected groups of approved change orders.
- Alert management of issues that impact the project and require management decisions.
- Develop System Development plans, track activities to the plan, and communicate status, utilizing the latest ITOPS IO Project Management tools.
- Assess variances from the project plan, and develop and implement changes as necessary to ensure project remains within specified scope as well as time, cost and quality objectives.
- All variances tracked must be accessible by the COR/VA PM(s) for any reviews and approvals required.
- Track effort, cost, critical computer resources, development activities, and schedule, and take corrective actions as necessary.
- Make and use measurements to determine the status of planning, tracking, and oversight activities.
Key skill-sets and experience:
- Provide IT project management support for various ITOPS IO projects and sub-projects.
- Expedite and coordinate services to assist in managing complex enterprise projects.
- Manage assigned tasks to completion within the schedule, budget, and scope of the individual project.
Ensure objectives of the projects are achieved.
- Must be proficient in MS software products - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook and Visio, as well as SharePoint
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have excellent customer service skills and operate with an extremely high level of confidentiality
- Must be able to maintain composure when involved with a difficult situation (or person)
- Self-motivated and assertive
- Ability to set priorities and adapt to changes in a quick and professional manner.
Basic Qualifications (Candidate MUST meet the following requirements to be considered for this position)
- Masters degree plus 15 yrs experience, or 25 yrs experience.
- Active PMP Certification
- Ability to obtain Public Trust Clarence
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Proj and Prog Management