Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Senior Network Engineer at Scott AFB, IL or Ft Meade, MD
The Senior Network Engineer will support the DISA NIPR VRF network program which provides IT repair, maintenance, operations, logistics, and engineering services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the DISA Enterprise IT Systems.
• Manage and provide technical leadership for the design, implementation, and integration of software applications.• Assist in the planning and performing of analytical research, design development, and other assignments in conformance with design, engineering and customer specifications. • Perform various complex software development tasks. • Ensure efficient delivery of contract capabilities using industry standards and repeatable processes. • Mitigate risks, control costs and schedule variance, and effectively manages large scale, integrated projects. • Perform a variety of analytical tasks which include the hardware and software design and implementation utilizing various facility equipment.
External Referral Eligible
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: • Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 8+ years of overall related experience. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+ce.• Experience working with and ability to distinguish between the following interfaces and protocols: TDM, Ethernet, SDM, SONET, AMI, B8ZS, B3ZS, FE, GE, FX, LX, SM, MM, RJ48, RJ45, POS, vt1.5, STS, DWDM, L2VPN, L3VPN, and VRF.
• Experience with engineering or configuration of interfaces of 2 or more (or equivalent) networking devices: Cisco Series Switches/Routers, Juniper MX series routers, Cisco ASR9K, Fujitsu Optical, Sycamore ODXC, Ciena Corestream, Ciena 6500, Cisco NSC2K, Cisco MSPP, IDNX/Promina Training, Firewall Devices, Cisco MSTP (WSE), General Dynamics Taclane or Fastlane Encryptor Training
• Currently possess an active Secret security clearance.
• ITIL certification. • Certification from 3 or more vendor specific networking technology training as follows below or equivalent: Cisco CCNA, Juniper Junos, Cisco ASR9K,Fujitsu Optical, Sycamore ODXC, Ciena Corestream, Ciena 6500, Cisco NSC2K, Cisco MSPP, IDNX/Promina Training, Firewall Devices, Cisco MSTP (WSE), General Dynamics Taclane or Fastlane Encryptor Training • Operational experience to include ticketing, troubleshooting, and coordination of service interruptions • Experience with Remedy, WWOLS, DDSF, or MSS (CMDB)
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Network Administration and Ops
Defense & Intel