Are you ready to join Leidos all-star team? Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show how to accelerate your career path.
The Advanced Solutions Group has an exciting opening for you, our next DevOps Engineer, to assist with the design, deployment, and maintenance of a full stack microservices architecture, running in hybrid cloud and physical hardware environments working in either Bethesda, MD or Reston, VA your choice! We need you to participate in fostering a DevOps culture, and building strong cross functional collaboration with all areas of development, product, and QA in a dynamic and fast paced environment supporting the development of a data pipeline and machine learning services integration in support of intelligence community analysts whose mission is to solve unique and challenging problems.
Fun stuff you will do working closely with the chief architect, software and data engineers, and data scientists on the following key tasks:
- Maintain and orchestrate services and procedures for a big data pipeline which includes kafka, ES, and several in house written python/java running on Kubernetes
- Maintain and develop DevOps automation using tools such as Ansible, Saltstack, Chef, Puppet
- Experience in automating and orchestrating the process of software deployment (CI/CD) to build, test, and release software applications more rapidly, frequently, and reliably
- Design, develop, and support scalable, redundant infrastructure to include physical and virtualized environments
- Improve existing infrastructure to incorporate latest technology best practices and cross application integrations
- Day-to-day collaboration with developers and QA teams, to influence design, and architect solutions in multi-tiered environments
- Orchestrate staging and production deployment
- Manage individual project priorities, deliverables, and deadlines
- Produce clear documentation for delivered solutions
To be successful in this role you need these skills:
- BS in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or related technical field or equivalent experience with at least 8+ years in systems engineering or administration (6+ years with a MS/MIS Degree)
- Must have an active Top Secret security clearance and able to obtain a TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Experience with containers and containerization
- Proficiency in devops tools
- Networking (TCP/UDP, ICMP, and DNS, etc.), infrastructure services, and security
- Proficiency in Linux administration (CentOS or RHEL a plus)
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
-Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to obtain a DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification
- CompTIA Security+
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Kubernetes, Ansible, Puppet, Salt, Linux, Git, Python, Elasticsearch, Logstash, IPA, AWS, OpenStack, Java, Kafka, Hadoop, etc.
- Experience orchestrating workflows to execute at predefined times, including workflows that have data dependencies.
- Experience establishing large computer clusters- Experience in continuous configuration automation (CCA) methods for providing a flexible, programmatic platform for deploying and managing the configuration of infrastructure and application resources.
- Experience in applying both agent-based and agentless (e.g. SSH) methods to event-driven orchestration and remote execution for configuration management.
- Experience in applying automated configuration management and deployment tools (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, and Salt) for configuration automation, cloud control, and event-driven orchestration.
More about the PROGRAM:
The DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) program will advance the state of the art in mission-focused big data analytics tools and micro-service development spanning the breadth of Agile sprints to multiyear research and development cycles. We are looking for you to have a demonstrated aptitude for problem solving complex technical issues, identifying, transforming, thinking outside the box, and a strong sense of accountability. Have a mix of technical excellence, intellectual curiosity, communications skills, customer-focus, and operational experience to improve the performance and user adoption of high-end data analytics platforms in partnership with a highly qualified, highly motivated team. Be motivated, self-driven team player who can multi-task and interact well with others and advise/consult with other team members on systems engineering and software development related issues.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours: