Leidos is currently seeking a Principal Data Scientist with a TS/SCI Polygraph in Laurel , Maryland.
PROGRAM SUMMARY: Do you enjoy being a part of small teams that work closely with the customer? Does big data pique your interest? Our Prototype Development Support program is looking for candidates with a strong mission focus to do new development and rapid prototyping. Someone who can figure out smarter, better ways to discover new targets or support mission analysis.
As a Principal Data Scientist, you will perform analysis of On-Net Pursuit Cybersecurity Operations data by applying data science and machine learning techniques to enhance the ONP mission. You will identify and apply the most appropriate supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques, including various regression, classification, clustering, reinforcement learning, and anomaly detection algorithms to ONP data sets. Additionally, you will evaluate and integrate existing data science capabilities into ONP workflow.
Master's Degree with 15+ years of experience or Doctorate Degree with 13+ years of experience.
- At least 13 years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline
- At least 5 years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- At least 5 years of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- Experiencing utilizing data science techniques against big data
- Experience utilizing machine learning techniques
- Scripting (Perl, Bash, Python) experience is required
- Database (MySQL, SPLUNK) integration is desired
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Desired experience with general Protocol processing experience
- Experience working with Enterprise data warehouses is desired