Are you a talented Development Operations Engineer who enjoys bridging the gap between software and hardware? If you have a passion for the latest cloud technologies and thrive in challenging environments, then this may be an opportunity for you. The ideal candidate for this role will have experience in software development, systems administration, deployment automation, quality assurance, and monitoring of our platform technologies. As a core member of the technology team, your domain will extend from the cloud, to virtually any enterprise application supporting the corporation.
- Work closely with the development team to integrate their products into production in AWS and private/hybrid cloud environments
- Provide Tier 2 and 3 product and service support
- Build engineering automation and productivity tools to streamline and scale applications in the production environment
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices in order to push the limits of what can be done
- Advise, collaborate with, and synthesize feedback from Engineering and Product Management
- Provision, installation/configuration, operation and maintenance of systems hardware and infrastructure
- Provide Systems Administration support for various project and operational needs
- Establish, contribute and maintain system security standards
- Perform real-time system monitoring, verifying the integrity of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes
- Provide on-call after hours support on rotation
- Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of development operations (DevOps) experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- US Citizenship is required, and must be able to obtain a federal security clearance.
- Experience with Unix/Linux and Windows Server
- A solid Operations foundation - you're always thinking "What happens if this fails" when you build things
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and willing to "dig deep"
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willing and able to provide on-call / after hours support (on rotation)
- Solid experience and background working with AWS services (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, SQS, etc)
- Experience providing Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery solutions using tools such as Stash/Bitbucket/Git, Cloudbees Jenkins or Open Source Jenkins
- Experience supporting Java-based Tomcat application stack
- Experience in the implementation and/or administration of engineering suite for an enterprise, experience with Atlassian products would be ideal
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: